Author Topic: 2011 Predictions  (Read 305 times)

failed_factor

• Obsidian
    • View Profile
2011 Predictions
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »
Elder Scrolls V or Mass Effect 3. Game of the Year. Calling it. At least in my book.

Expect Modern Warfare 3 with a halfassed story to end the trilogy and some uber reveal that goes against game naritive by saying Gaz was Ghost and he's not really dead but comes back to kick ass.(Not likely, the second half at least)

Expect a new Halo announced by 343 Industries.

Ocarina of Time, Star Fox and Kid Icarus I see as launch titles for 3DS.

Skyward Sword to be meh. At best.

Kinnect and Playstation Move to both epic fail.

God willing a Knights of the Old Republic 3 announcement. And not this MMO ****.

Apple to make more of a name in the handheld gaming market via the iPhone and iPad. (You have to admit for a dollar soem of those things are addicting. i.e Angry Birds)

Sony to release the PSP2 and nobody care. Again.

The Infinity Ward workers who left Activision make a new killer IP to distract attention from MW3 that nobody will catch on to for another 4 years.

Announcements:
Grand Theft Auto 5
Pikmin 3
Footage from Metal Gear Rising
Kingdom Heats 3(Probably not.)
A Somewhat solid looking Final Fantasy.(VERY Doubtful)

I expect solid details by the end of the year about the successor to the Wii. Microsoft and Sony wont announce anything until E3 2012 imo.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JacDeathly

• Administrator
  • Bronze
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 06:08:00 pm »
Pretty solid predictions. Some plausible some just wishful thinking (i.e. Kotor 3  :( it is not going to happen. We have been waiting far too long. Makes me sad.)

GTA 5 isn't going to happen either because Rockstar said that they will not be making an annual Grand Theft Auto game. So bummer there for fans I suppose.

I expect some sort of Pikmin game to come out. However, I think for the 3DS not the Wii.

Nothing on Wii 2. Nothing on a new Xbox or Playstation for a long time to come.

No new Halo just yet. I put that at 2012. 

I am really lacking the drive to make an educated predictions so I will just stop now while I am ahead.  :P

failed_factor

• Obsidian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 10:54:28 pm »
I actually fully expect at least a teaser of the next Halo game seeing as it will be the first project from 343 and if I remember correctly theyre already working on some project. Or maybe that was Bungee. Whatever.

I seriously expect something, even a leaked schematic, on the "Wii 2" before 2011 is up because lets all be honest: As cool of a concept that the Wii was there just isnt that much that's "revolutionary" about it. Sure we got some truly kickass exclusives but even so, my Wii has been gathering dust for upwards of a year now. But hell motion control has been around befo. (PS2 Eye Toy anybody?)  And with Microsoft and Sony infringing on Nintendo's territory they need a new "Killer Ap". I see this partially in the form of the 3DS, but something needs to be injected into the main system lineup.

AWildWizardWhale

• Stone
  • **** just got real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 12:48:45 am »
Elder Scrolls V looks epic. I'm not a Mass Effect fan really, just never got into it, and it got boring for me after a while.

If Bungie does come out with a new Halo game, I really want to see what they do to it. I think they're starting to run the Halo franchise dry and it will soon become a classic.

Modern Warfare 3 won't be a big game on my to-get radar. I have a feeling that its going to have the same russian antagonist along with his terrorist sidekicks, and for Ghost being Gaz and alive? Very Unlikely. He was shot in the face. He's pretty much dead unless it was some kind of double.

GTA 5 might be promising. I want to see where they take us now. Hopefully they'll add features from San Andreas, like breaking into houses and learning new combat moves.

Apple will still be Apple. Nothing will change and I will still be annoyed that I can watch flash movies on my IPod.

Kinect and Playstation move, will indeed, fail. Hard.

I wish there will be a KoToR 3, but its looking like its not going to be there. Unless it will be like Duke Nukem Forever and not come out for another couple years.

Duke Nukem Forever. Nuff said.

Kingdom Hearts 3. Maybe. I dunno. Haven't heard anything after their latest game, which failed.

Thats all I got. Don't know about much else.